Free download Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Technology (Revised Edition) in PDF written by Harry Henderson, published by Infobase Publishing, New York.
According to the Author; “Chance are that you use at least one computer or computer related devices on daily bases. Some are obvious; for example, the personal computer on you desk or at your school, the Laptop, the PDA that may be in your brief case. Other devices may be a bit less obvious, the smart cell phones, the iPod, a digital camera and other essentially specialized computers, communication systems. Finally, there are the hidden computers found in so many of today’s consumer products.
Computers not only seem to be everywhere but also a part of so many activities of everyday life. They bring together willing sellers and buyers on eBay, allow you to buy a book with a click on Amazon, and of course, put a vast library of information at your fingerprints via the World Wide Web. Modern Science would be inconceivable without computers to gather data and run models and simulations.
The revised edition includes almost 180 new entries including new programming languages, Software development and Web design technologies, and expanded coverage of open source software. Many other entries reflect new ways of using information technology and important social issues that arise from such us, including the following:
- Blogging and new forms of communication that are influencing journalism and political campaigns
- New ways to share and access information
- The benefits and risks of social networking sites
- Threats to data security
- web 2.0
- Portable media devices (the iPod and its coming successors)
- Navigation and mapping systems
- Science fiction and computing
The book’s philosophy is that because computer technology is now totally netted into our everyday lives, anyone seeking to understand its impact must not only know how the bits flow, but also how the industry works and where it may be going in the years to come.
Entries in this books are listed by category. This book is useful to get complete overview of computer technology. This Encyclopedia contains A-Z list categories.Topics covered in this encyclopedia are following:
- AI and Robotics
- Business and E-Commerce Applications
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Industry
- Computer Science Fundamentals
- Computer Security and Risks
- Data Communication and Networking
- Data Types and Algorithms
- Development of Computers
- Future Computing
- Games, Graphics and Media
- Hardware Components
- Internet and World Wide Web
- Operating Systems
- Other Applications
- Personal Computer Components
- Program Language Concepts
- Programming Languages
- Social, Political and Legal Issues
- Software Development and Engineering
- User Interface and Support
Free download Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Technology (Revised Edition) in PDF by written by Harry Henderson from following download links.
File Size: 9 MB Pages: 593. Please read Disclaimer.
Don’t forget to drop a comment below after downloading this book.
Note: If download links are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you