Free download Data Communications and Networking 4th edition in PDF written by Behrouz A. Forouzan(DeAnza College) with contribution by Sophia Chung Fegan and published by McGraw-Hill.
According to the Authors, “Data Communication and Networking may be the fastest growing technologies in our culture today. One of the ramifications of that growth is a dramatic increase in the number of professions where an understanding of these technologies is essential for success and a proportionate increase in the number and types of students taking courses to learn about them. As with every new edition of Data Communications and Networking the book has undergone a great many changes as we strive to keep the content current, and to improve the clarity and effectiveness of the text, the art, and the exercises. Among the myriad changes there are certain points of emphasis that we use to organize and guide the revision process.In creating the 4th edition our revision was organized around the following points:
- We have used the five-layer internet model as the framework for the text not only because a through understanding of the model is essential understanding most current networking theory but also because it is based on a structure of inter-dependencies: Each layer builds upon the layer beneath it and supports the layer above it. In the same way, each concept introduced in our text builds upon the concepts examined in the previous section.
- The contents of Chapter 1 to 5 are revised and augmented. Examples are added to clarify the contents. Chapter 8 is now totally devoted to switching. The contents of Chapter 10 are revised and augmented to include methods of error detection and correction. Delivery, forwarding and routing of data-grams are added to Chapter 22. The new transport protocol, SCTP is added to Chapter 23. Chapter 28 is new and devoted to network management in the internet.
- We emphasize important concepts in highlighted boxes for quick reference and immediate attention. A section is added to the end of each chapter listing additional sources for study. The review questions are changed and updated.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Data Communication and Networks
- Network Models
- Data and Signals
- Digital Transmission
- Analog Transmission
- Bandwidth Utilization: Multiplexing and Spreading
- Transmission Media
- Using Telephone and Cable networks for Data Transmission
- Error Detection and Correction
- Data Link Control
- Multiple Access
- Wired LANs: Ethernet
- Wireless LANs
- Connecting LANs, Backbone Networks and Virtual LANs
- Wireless WANs: Cellular Telephone and Satellite Networks
- Virtual Circuit Network: Frame Relay and ATM
- Network Layer: Logical Addressing
- Network Layer: Internet Protocol
- Network Layer: Address Mapping, Error Reporting, Multitasking
- Network Layer: Delivery, Forwarding, Routing
- Process to Process Delivery: UDP, TCP, SCTP
- Congestion Control and Quality of Service
- Application Layer: Domain Name System
- Remote Logging, Electronic Mail, File Transfer
- WWW and HTTP
- Network Management: SNMP
- Network Security
- Security in the Internet: IPSec, SSL/TLS, PGP, VPN, Firewalls
Free download Data Communications and Networking 4th edition in PDF written by Behrouz A. Forouzan(DeAnza College) with contribution by Sophia Chung Fegan from following download link(s).
File Size: 56 MB Pages: 1164 Please read Disclaimer
P.S. If download links are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you.
You may also like to download Open Source Intelligence Methods and Tools Book in PDF