Free download Java – The Complete Reference Seventh Edition in PDF written by Herbert Schildt and published by McGraw-Hill Companies.
According to the Author, ” As I write this, Java is just beginning its second decade. Unlike many other computer languages whose influence begins to wane over the years, Java’s has grown stronger with the passage of time. Java leapt to the forefront of Internet programming with its first release. Each subsequent version has solidified that position. Today, Java is still the first and best choice for developing web-based applications. One reason for Java’s success is its agility. Java has rapidly adapted to changes in the programming environment and to changes in the way that programmers program. Most importantly, it has not just followed the trends, it has helped create them. Unlike some other languages that have a revision cycle of approximately 10 years, Java’s release cycle averages about 1.5 years! Java’s ability to accommodate the fast rate of change in the computing world is a crucial part of why it has stayed at the forefront of computer language design. With the release of Java SE6, Java’s leadership remains unchallenged. If you are programming for the Internet, you have chosen the right language. Java has been and continues to be the preeminent language of the Internet.
This book is for all programmers, whether you are a novice or an experienced pro. The beginner will find its carefully paced discussions and many examples especially helpful. Its in-depth coverage of Java’s more advanced features and libraries will appeal to the pro. For both, it offers a lasting resource and handy reference.
This book is a comprehensive guide to the Java language, describing its syntax, keywords, and fundamental programming principles. Significant portions of the Java API library are also examined. The book is divided into four parts, each focusing on a different aspect of the Java programming environment.
- Part I presents an in-depth tutorial of the Java language. It begins with the basics, including such things as data types,control statements,and classes. Part I also discusses Java’s exception-handling mechanism, multi-threading subsystem,packages,and interfaces. Of course, Java’s newer features,such as generics,annotations,enumerations,and auto boxing are covered in detail.
- Part II examines key aspects of Java’s standard API library. Topics include strings, I/O, networking, the standard utilities, the Collections Framework, applets, GUI-based controls, imaging, and concurrency.
- Part III looks at three important Java technologies: Java Beans, Swing, and servlets.
- Part IV contains two chapters that show examples of Java in action. The first chapter develops several applets that perform various popular financial calculations, such as computing the regular payment on a loan or the minimum investment needed to withdraw a desired monthly annuity. This chapter also shows how to convert those applets into servlets. The second chapter develops a download manager that oversees the downloading of files.It includes the ability to start,stop,and resume a transfer.
Table of Contents
- The History and Evolution of Java
- An Overview of Java
- Data Types, Variables and Arrays
- Control Statements
- Introducing Classes
- A Closer Look at Methods and Classes
- Packages and Interfaces
- Exception Handling
- Multi-thread Programming
- Enumerations, Auto-boxing and Annotations (Metadata)
- I/O, Applets and other Topics
- String Handling
- Exploring Java Lang
- The Collections Framework
- More Utility Classes
- Input/Output: Exploring Java.io
- The Applet Class
- Event Handling
- Introducing the AWT: Working with Windows, Graphics and Text
- Using AWT Controls, Layout Managers and Menus
- The Concurrency Utilities
- NIO, Regular Expressions and Other Packages
- Java Beans
- Introducing Swing
- Exploring Swing
- Financial Applets and Servlets
- Creating a Download Manager in Java
- Using Java’s Documentation Comments
Free download Java – The Complete Reference Seventh Edition in PDF written by Herbert Schildt from following download links.
Don’t forget to drop a comment below after downloading this book.
Note: If download links are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you